Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 75334BR Date posted 10/22/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we work with an explorer's heart and a perfectionist's grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom. Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people like you that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
As part of it all, you'll have ample opportunity to use your exceptional skills to craft the future of flight - and build a truly rewarding career in the process.
Are you hoping to advance in your career? This is an exciting time of business growth and expansion for the Commercial Engines (CE) Human Resources team.
The human resources specialist would be adept at implementing people strategies and process improvement initiatives to improve the employee experience.
Your job responsibilities include yet are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters
- Serving as an employee advocate and coach to employees and leaders
- Partnering with leadership to communicate and implement HR programs that support the business goals and get results in a complex matrix environment
- Effectively executing Human Resources processes including performance management, salary planning, recruiting and retention, employee relations, and leadership development
- Addressing HR-related inquiries from all levels of employees.
- Coaching Managers and employees and encouraging them to be the best they can be
- Participating in the organizational planning processes and programs focused on current and future interpersonal needs
- Supporting diversity, recruiting and retention strategy, efforts and programs
- Demonstrating process improvement/lean manufacturing tools and methodology to align with business needs
- Implementing strategic short and long-term HR initiatives in partnership with the senior HR and local leadership, to drive business results.
- Conducting internal investigations with the utmost professionalism, discretion and integrity
- Driving human resource compliance and ensure standardization and consistency of application of HR and Company practices and policies
- Managing employee programs designed to promote employee communications, optimize organizational effectiveness and increase employee engagement
- Leading performance management programs and providing support and direction to managers / employees on performance issues and assessment tools
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable governmental regulations, EH&S policies and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Leading and supporting special projects as assigned
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 + years' experience in a Human Resources role OR Bachelor's degree and 2 + years' experience in a HR Generalist role with growing scope and responsibly function
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
- MBA/MS/MA in HR or related field
- Ability and demonstrable skills leading change
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Validated customer focused experience and excellent business discernment
- Ability to influence without direct supervisory responsibilities
- High degree of professional maturity and integrity in handling confidential information
- Strong analytical and systems skills
- Fluency in Workday and Excel
- Validated Project Management experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.