The ideal candidate will have some exposure to Human Resources or related department within a corporate environment, with experience in performance management, coaching, disciplinary processes, hiring/recruiting, compensation, benefits, and strategic HR.
If you have broad HR experience and are passionate about providing top-notch business partner support to employees and supervisors, then this position may be the career for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate meetings to resolve issues. Provide objective feedback, make recommendations on issues as appropriate for both individual employee and managers.
- Counsel employees and management by interpreting company culture, values and policy, and employment law promptly and accurately.
- Maintain legal documentation.
- Provides company policy guidance and interpretation.
- Work with management to help draft and supply updated and useful information such as reports, relevant policies, and/or disciplinary documents.
- Actively source and recruit, interview, and hire employees.
- Support Human Resources training efforts.
- Supervise and mentor other staff as needed.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Model and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operation, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of four years of experience within Human Resources or a related field
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Spanish
- Solid knowledge of employment law and legal hiring practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical ability and problem resolution skills
- Skills in investigating and successfully resolving Employee Relations situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion in handling sensitive information and data
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with an HRIS system and processes
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM certification
- HR Generalist Experience
Lake Zurich, IL - Located in Lake Zurich, Illinois, SEL’s Fault Indicator and Sensor Division, provides a positive, professional environment where you can make a difference in how the industry views SEL products and solutions. The company’s proximity to Chicago will allow you to enjoy all that the city has to offer, but its quieter, suburban location is ideal for those looking for a more relaxed place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.