Air Force Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist. This person would be supporting the Human Resources Department in all aspects to include payroll processing, recruitment, employment personnel records, employee relations, and benefits administration. They will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of credit union employee records and adhering to state and federal laws and regulations relating to human resources and following established credit union policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, generates, updates, and maintains Human Resources Department records and files to include, but not limited, to current and terminated employee files, answers inquiries and provides information to authorized individuals, tracks performance reviews, salary and title changes and the like.
- Counsels employees in the interpretation and application of personnel policies and procedures. Advises managers and supervisors on desired personnel actions and offering alternatives.
- Coordinates unemployment filing activities, including responding to claims and representing the Credit Union at hearings and filing unemployment claims.
- Recruits, reviews applications, conduct interviews over the telephone and in person, complete background checks, and tests qualified applicants. Works directly with the hiring manager to make the hiring selection, sets the starting wage and coordinates their orientation. Prepares and administers new employee orientation packets.
- Processes, verifies, transmits and reconciles pay bi-weekly. Validates employee tax forms and maintains payroll documents.
- Coordinates the administration of the group insurance plans to include: enrollment and termination of participants, explanation of plan benefits, plan notifications, plan filings, and plan negotiations.
- Assists in the administration of the retirement plans to include: eligibility and enrollment notifications, distribution of plan documentation, enrollments, preparation of loan and distribution packets, and reconciliation of plan contributions and explanation of retirement benefits.
- Assists with benefits and COBRA administration for eligible plan participants, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, unemployment claims and additional leave administration as needed. Maintains the various vendor sites relating to the administration of these benefits ensuring records are accurate and exceptions are handled appropriately.
- Make recommendations, coordinates and administers employee recognition programs, corporate wear program and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Assists with the development of the annual human resources budget and recording of expenses.
- Maintains and updates personnel policies and procedures, job descriptions, the Employee Handbook, and Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Recommends, plans and delivers on activities, events, programs, etc… to build employee morale and recognize employees delivering service through use of the core values.
- Performs other duties, as required.Qualifications:
- Must have a Degree in Human Resources or a related field or certification in Human Resources preferred.
- Must have five to eight (5-8) years’ work experience in Human Resources.
- Must have experience in processing, recruitment, employee relations, labor laws, insurance plan administration, and retirement plan administration.
- Must have knowledge of software programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and experience with ADP Workforce Now HR/Payroll system.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must have a good consumer credit report and be bondable.
AFFCU offers a great compensation and benefits package which includes access to group medical, dental, and life insurance coverage, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave as well as a birthday holiday and federal holidays.
Apply online at www.airforcefcu.com.
AFFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA.M/F/D/V
Human Resources Specialist