Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
This is a unique opportunity for an up-and-coming HR professional with a diverse range of interests to be exposed to the full scope of HR functions (e.g. Employee Relations, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Analytics, and Talent Management) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. It’s an ideal role for somebody who wants to roll up their sleeves & help make a big impact while gaining valuable HR experience.The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for managing tactical employee relation issues, labor contract compliance, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and EHS tracking & safety training. In addition, the incumbent will assist the HR and Plant Managers with training & organizational development initiatives. The Human Resource Generalist is also responsible for timely and accurate completion of departmental reports and recordkeeping.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain proper documentation and serve as the primary point of contact for most employee relations issues and vendor/supplier communication. Generate ideas for and champion employee relations activities to foster positive employee morale and interaction. Spend time walking the production floor, facilitate conflict resolution and provide coaching and feedback to employees and line supervisors as appropriate.
- Manage disability processes with employees and third party administrators for Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability and FMLA while ensuring adherence to ADA and HIPAA.
- Participate in various aspects of safety, including conducting job safety analyses, addressing root cause of safety incidents and participating in safety audits.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate various training programs.
- Participate in the union grievance process and assist HR Manager with supervisor training of labor contract compliance, and in arbitration or negotiations preparation when applicable.
- Coordinate hourly and salaried recruiting and ensure compliance with OFCCP retention, conduct on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Compile and analyze monthly and annual statistics. Prepare and distribute various reports.
- Partner with compensation to review positions and determine the need for job description and/or salary grade changes. Process hourly and salary compensation adjustments and other changes via HRIS system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements:A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field along with 3+ years of demonstrated HR/employee relations experience and OSHA knowledge. Qualified candidates must be familiar with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedures. Candidates should possess demonstrated problem-solving abilities along with strong time management & prioritization skills. Candidates should possess advanced communication skills that can be utilized in day to day interactions with all levels of the workforce. Qualified candidates should also possess intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite as well as demonstrated experience managing conflict, project management & completion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.Preferred qualifications:
HR experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment, experience with an applicant tracking system, and PHR certification.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).