About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
The Musician's Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician's Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
The purpose of this job is to provide support for HR functions at the Support Center. The duties include: administration of procedures, policy adherence, onboarding new hires and basic employee relations issues. This role is responsible for the execution of HR strategy and effective administration of related processes
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Assist with legal compliance: order/distribute all state and federal
* Assist with subpoena and employment verification
* Receive calls on the HR Group Line and respond to all general inquiries
* Update and maintain the HR Organizational charts
* Create reporting and analysis for the employment lifecycle including: background checks, unemployment claims and turnover.
* Represent Guitar Center at to unemployment hearings
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees
* Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback
* Shape a culture that facilitates and supports Guitar Center's goals and initiatives, by supporting and coaching managers in their implementation of core people processes
* Communicate and interpret policies and procedures for Support Center associates and assist the management team with employee relations issues.
* Participate in the discipline and discharge of associates as necessary.
* Facilitate new hire orientations, exit and stay interviews
* Assist with drafting and distributing general HR communications.
* Additional duties as assigned.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
* Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
* 4 years of relevant work experience within Human Resources (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably with a background in recruiting/staffing, HRIS, or related field.
* 1 year of experience in a generalist role required
* Skilled proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* General knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled