Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Director, Corporate Human Resources
Come join the Albertsons Companies Employee Experience Center as an HRIS Director who can think across HR domains, define, and improve business processes and provide business expertise to technology solution delivery projects. The HRIS Director must have a passion for technical and business collaboration, and the ability to scale HR applications for a growing organization. The HRIS Director must be comfortable as both a team leader and team player.
What does it take to be successful here? You have an entrepreneurial spirt and a successful track record of delivering projects employees love. You have a curious mindset. You are innovative and bring creativity to improving processes for efficiency and automation. You want to be part of a team that will lead a rapid and agile HR Transformation journey to build talent and culture at all levels, while becoming fully digital in all associate interactions and leveraging our data driven insights to enable our business
If this is you then what are we waiting for? Let's do this!
The HRIS Director will report to the VP of Employee Experience Center (EEC, commonly referred to as HR Shared Services) and lead the enterprise wide HR technology strategy, programs, and initiatives. All these programs and initiatives will be co-led and delivered with a strong partnership with the Director of IT HCM systems. This position is located in Phoenix AZ.
As the primary technology point of contact on the HR team, he/she must understand all HR business functions and processes to provide guidance in all aspects of HR technology management. The position will be responsible for leading our HR transformation initiative which envisions transforming all the HR systems to a cloud SaaS offering. This transformation will entail partnering with IT, various HR Centers of Excellence, Division HR Business partners to lead the implementation of Core HR and multiple business capabilities in a phased approach including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Payroll and other key HCM capabilities.
This role sits at the core of the HR organization and would require the development of employee centric solutions, flushing out change implications for key stakeholders and assisting with communications to our various audiences, as well as platform training, and end-user support. Manages the day-to-day operations of the HR Technology, Data and Configuration Management and Reporting and part of our overall HR Service Delivery model utilizing ServiceNow case management to route cases through the Employee Experience Center. These initiatives will allow HR to improve both manager and employee experiences and become a change agent that will strengthen the organization for fast-paced and continued growth.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages the HRIS team including special projects, Data Management and Reporting teams in day-to-day activities including resource planning, prioritization of work and overall direction to the team in achieving objectives
• Leads and/or participates in technology projects to include business case development, project planning and management, requirements gathering, functional specification documentation, solution design, test planning, test execution, status updates, deployment, and post-deployment support
• Manages the HR data, reporting and related processes, enhancing key data governance activities and processes to strengthen data integrity and security
• Manages business process changes and configuration of the HCM system, Payroll, Absence and Time & Labor
• Selects, trains, coaches, and develops the HRIS teams for delivering high level service in a timely manner. Leads the team to develop best practices and streamlined processes and create a highly productive, professional, service-oriented department culture
• Works with senior management to develop project scope, budgets, and priorities
• Identifies project technology risks and communicates credible scenarios/feasibility issues to senior management
• Builds presentations and turns data into simple stories or dashboards digestible by peer, business partners and senior leadership
• Serves as key liaison between HR, IT, Finance, and other departments ensuring effective integration of, or interfaces with, HR technologies and other applications or systems, both internal and external
• Partners with IT on release management and governance with other technology modules and owners
• Oversees HR technology maintenance, upgrades, and releases, including communication to stakeholders of the business processes impacted by the changes and other related downstream impacts
• Manages vendor relationships with hands-on operational issue identification and resolution and ensures service level agreements are upheld.
• Develops business continuity and disaster recovery plans and oversees periodic testing and execution of the plans
Basic Qualifications: 10 years of work experience as a business systems analyst or in a product management role with a bachelor's degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years or more of hands-on experience as a business systems analyst or in a product management role delivering or implementing enterprise HR technology solutions
• 8 or more years of experience eliciting and gathering business requirements, including proven experience with delivering improvements in productivity, standardizing processes, and automating processes where possible
• 5 or more years of experience in project management with project updates directed to peers and senior leadership
• Proven ability to coordinate and align a diverse set of business stakeholders on technology initiatives
• Exceptional communication skills and an above average ability to translate technology concepts to others with experience resolving conflicts across different groups of stakeholders
• A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration across a variety of stakeholders to achieve your objectives
• A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on you maintain high standards
• Savvy with data - You know how to gather, share, and leverage data to make decisions
• Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, you will be constantly learning to be in a better position to create awesome new applications for our employees
• Self-directed - Able to navigate ambiguity and work independently
• Deep functional experience with HR functional domains (you understand what it takes to make HR functions successful)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Hands-on experience with Oracle HCM, Workday, PeopleSoft or similar HCM
• Experience transitioning organizations from a traditional on-prem PeopleSoft to a Cloud HCM solution and managing configurations of business processes in such cloud solutions
• Experience working with a global organization where HR Shared Services are delivered
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
• Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment
• Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
• May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
• May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday.
• Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
• Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: approximately 10% travel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled