The Florida Business Unit is looking for a motivated, innovative, Human Resources Intern who has demonstrated initiative in pursuing a career in Human Resources.
The Human Resources intern will report to the HR Manager and will provide professional HR support and
consultation to managers and employees with a strong focus on recruiting. The ideal candidate will be able to assume
responsibility for the recruitment process (including job posting, phone interviewing, job interviewing, regular
communication with candidates and managers, and new hire orientations). The HR Intern will assist in ensuring we are
hiring the best possible talented employees at all levels.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Successfully source and pre-screen qualified applicants for the staffing needs for the Florida Business Unit for hourly and salary positions
- Participate in recruiting process and work closely with the HR Managers and Hiring Managers to ensure effectiveness of plans
- Accompany HR to meetings with hiring managers and assist with creative sourcing ideas/strategies
- Assist with candidate selection process (review and selection of candidates)
- Assist in the onboarding process to include new hire orientations, onboarding surveys, etc.
- Accurately report and track candidate data as requested
- Perform human resources and administrative tasks as assigned
This position's work schedule will be flexible to accommodate school schedules and will work between 25-40 hours.
Position will be located in our Fort Lauderdale location.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in HR Management, Industrial Relations, Business Management or other applicable degree.
- Experience with applicant tracking system is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of fundamental HR concepts, employment laws, contemporary HR practices and issues.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, consultancy and organizational skills.
- End user expertise with MS office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to commute between Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.
- Self-motivation and disciplined
- Results‐oriented and driven.
- Self‐starter and self‐directed.
- Team player.
- Highly evolved customer service skills