Purpose of Job:
Comet Signs internship program offers you the chance to learn and grow your skills in the Human Resources department. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to business challenges, and build permanent relationships with their manager. While gaining insight into the sign manufacturing industry, interns are immediately part of Comet Signs collaborative culture.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources Manager with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits and payroll conversion. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. The intern will learn how to take the skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting to gain a better understanding of the role of Human Resources.
Spend your time at Comet Signs gaining knowledge and a career where you can make a difference!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct employee personnel file audits, ensuring all pertinent information is accounted for and that the most recent information has been provided to implementation team.
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment
- Conduct I-9 audit for current and past employees ensuring forms are completed.
- Assist with development of new policy and procedures.
- Ensures all necessary information is in Job Command and Payroll system.
- Prepare spreadsheet for certifications, licenses, and training
- Adheres to all company values, policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Junior or Senior in College in Human Resources Major
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Excel Spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, lite lifting