If the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park’s south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining. We offer a “roughing it minus the rough part” stay and focus on delighting guests by creating the world’s best experiences today while reimagining tomorrow. Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team!
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the HR Director, Recruiter and HR team with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits and employee relations. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better undrstanding of the role that HR can play in a Four Diamond Lodging environment and be better prepared to work in the arena of human resources and the hospitality sector. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the operations areas, rooms, culinary and food and beverage staff.Position Details
- Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resurmes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews and making job offers.
- The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files and forms management.
- The interrelationship of HR, Finance and the Corporate Office in the areas of new employee paperwork, payroll issues related to onboarding and termination, use of payroll management database and report generation.
- Employee relations issues related to motivating factors for rewards and recognition and ensuring they reinforce the behavior standards and business goals of the organization.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources, HR Manager, HR Generalist and assistant with daily office operations.
- Attend and assist with Job Fairs and Orientations
- Update and maintain personnal files
- Respond to employees and applicant inquires
- Assist with companywide training and departmental training
- Coordinate and track employee recognition programs
- Update and maintain current personnal forms and material and distribute when necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources or non-profit management/administrative fields
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Student Member of SHRM a plus
- Sit for long periods of time
- Answer phones
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Writing Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representatve of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university or recent graduate
- Interest in the field of Human Resources management and/or the Hospitality Industry
- Strong Computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment with high quality standards
Must be 18 yrs or older to apply
$14.00 per hour
Fish Camp, CA
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.