Royal Fresh Cuts is looking for an experienced and talented Human Resources Manager. We are an innovative company that was founded in response to a rapidly growing demand for fresh-cut, or “zero-prep” produce. Established in January 2013, we are owned and operated by the same families that founded our sister company, Royal Food Service, over twenty years ago. Our HR Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource department including administering pay, benefits, and leave, enforcing company policies and practices, and supporting the recruiting function. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Oversees the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department (currently one HR Generalist and one Recruiter)
- Conducts constructive and timely performance evaluations for subordinate staff.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing and terminations.
- Supports Recruiter as necessary with interviews and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; conducting or acquiring background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Designs and implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring sensitive matters to the appropriate member of management as necessary.
- May attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Optimistic and positive approach to the scope of the work
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Exercises good judgment and decision making
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask
- Remains calm under pressure
- Enjoys working as an integral part of a team
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least six years of human resource management experience required
- SHRM certification a plus
At Royal, our mission is to nourish our communities by delivering fresh ingredients, valued partnerships, and unparalleled customer service. We invite you to join us in this mission! Over the years, we have established a strong commitment to sustainability, technological innovation, and customer satisfaction. We depend on a highly interconnected, collaborative effort from all of our divisions...production, sales, warehouse, maintenance, quality assurance, accounting, and administration. By working together as a team, we are able to provide the best products and the best service for all of our customers. Together, we are a family; rooted in our passion for excellence! We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our Royal Family!
Human Resources Manager