Terry Hines & Associates is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Burbank, CA 91505.
Who we are:
• We are an entertainment marketing services company. We specialize in creative services, digital marketing, experiential and events marketing, and multi-cultural marketing, https://www.terryhines.com /
About the role:
The primary purpose of the HR Manager is to maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
What you’ll do:
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Recruits, screen, tests, and employees to fill vacant positions. Assists managers in their final decision. Ensures potential new hires meet the firm standards.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting including ACA/1095/EEO-1.
• Coordinates management training in compliance and labor laws to include: interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Supports the managers in following best human resources practices for discipline and termination.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
• Coordinates and liaises HR and safety activities with ADP TotalSource.
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401k plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
• Supports in the renewal of benefits and other HR contracts. Makes recommendations to finance.
• Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Makes recommendations to the executive team on improvements.
• Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
• Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• In short – this position is the balance between the business needs and the emotional intelligence of the organization. It takes a strong negotiation stance to support both pillars. The organization works hard and serves demanding clients but it is really fun to see the company’s work product out in the “real” world.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred
• PHR (Professional in Human Resources) is beneficial
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, excel, PowerPoint.
• 3+ years working in Human Resources
• Proficient with ADP HRIS systems.
Skills and Abilities
• Must be Enthusiastic and Ambitious
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Excellent Communication skills
• Ability to adapt to change
• Strong Microsoft office skills
• Strong Customer service experience
What we offer:
• Compensation including annual salary based upon relevant experience and education, growth opportunities are available.
• Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan.
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Generalist, HRBP, HR Business Partner, Human Resource Business Partner