Hill-Rom is a %242.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Hill-Rom's Patient SupportSystems are comprised of a product portfolio of hospital beds, frames,surfaces, patient handling solutions, etc.that meet customers' andpatients' needs in acute care hospitals, long term care facilities and in thehome.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is a businesspartner/generalist/support role providing HR partnership to 900+ employeeswithin the West, Midwest, and North Atlantic US regions of the Patient SupportSystems Field Service Operations organization comprising of 3 Area VicePresidents leading a team of Managers, Supervisors and Technicalpersonnel. The HRBP will lead operational and analytical activitiessuch as employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, talentacquisition, on boarding, change management, talent/leadership development,organization design and diversity. He/she will work closely withthe Directorof Human Resources and other HR business partners to ensurethe HR contributions are of maximum value and effectiveness.
The HRBP reports directly tothe Director, Human Resources, Patient Support Systems. In a highlymatrixed environment, s/he will interact with corporate centers of excellencesuch as HR Services, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, etc.
Basic Function and PrincipalResponsibilities
- Coach, counsel and provide guidance to area vice presidents, managers, supervisors and employees on HumanResources matters and to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Provide expertise in areas of Human Resources such as employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, change management, leadership development and diversity.
- Review and advise on compensation recommendations to ensure that equitable and competitive pay decisions are made.
- Proactively identify, understand, and address business partner needs. Assess business needs on an ongoing basis and facilitate or develop programs, which result in improved human performance, depth of talent, and an engaging work environment.
- Serve as the single point of contact and change agent for Human Resources activities within the area of support by interpreting and implementing company policies, as well as Global, Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Drive the recruitment process in partnership with the talent acquisition team for a specified region of the country to ensure sourcing of top talent into the organization.
- Partner with managers on Freedom to Lead Initiatives creating a work environment that facilitates the desire to continue to work directly with management rather than seeking 3rd representation.
- Determine the need for and conduct specified training for managers and employees in assigned business.
- Protect the interest of all associates and company in accordance with company policies, governmental laws and regulations.
- Works closely with the other HR Business Partners in a team environment to continuously improve the business contributions of the HR function.
- Expected Travel: 25%.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required; MBA or MA in business, human resources or related field is preferred; PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable.
- At least 5 years progressive human resources with at least 3 years as an HR Generalist; with some experience supporting multi-site operations, operations or field service;
- Skilled in managing employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, organization effectiveness, organization development, and performance management across various client groups.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws.
- Employee relations and line manager coaching experience
- Proven track record of displaying sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Able to influence and build support for ideas and initiatives across multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success driving change management and organizational change.
- Strong track record of proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and driving results through reporting.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and listening skills; with the ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds and all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated history of quickly building relationships, gaining credibility, and partnering with leaders and peers.
- Strong understanding of all functional HR disciplines with specific strength in organization and/or leadership development
The role is located at our globalcorporate headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL. Local candidatespreferred.