We are a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 50 years. With a strong since of family and community, we strive to better lives everyday through our employee relations as well as community and customer relations. Our overall commitment to continuous improvement and quality assurance standards is paramount.
This company offers an amazing opportunity to grow internally to higher-level positions down the road. This position would also qualify for health, dental, and vision benefits, 401K with match, and bonus potential.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager leads the development, administration, and direction of the human resource functions of the company. These responsibilities include the day-to-day functions, coordination, and assessment of the human resources needs for our organization. The HR Manager is involved in resource planning, recruitment, training, and managing a variety of human resource issues and functions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, or the equivalent.
- Four to ten year’s progressive leadership experience in Managerial Human Resource functions.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM‐SCP) credential preferred.
- Speak, read and write Spanish is highly desired.
- Be the main point of contact for all employees.
- Manage and administer Employee Handbook.
- Consult with legal counsel on personnel matters as appropriate, or as directed by the CFO.
- Review and implement employment legislation changes to ensure that all organizations are compliant.
- Ensure that policies are consistently administered and are in line with company goals.
- Manage and implement safety training programs throughout the companies.
- Implement and manage harassment training and manage any related claims or problems.
- Develop and manage the HR department budget.
- Oversee work programs, maternity leave, open enrolment programs, and vacation and sick leave benefits.
- Make recommendations for employee compensation to keep the company competitive among local employers.
- Assist in preparation and administration of the annual wage and salary program.
- Assist executive management in annual reviews.
- Provide guidance to department managers to assist in new policies and programs.
- Assist departmental managers in administering disciplinary actions, grievances, payroll and general inquires.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt, temporary and seasonal workers.
- Administer recruiting plan for organizational seasonal and year-round needs of all companies.
- Arrange and conduct new hire orientations, mandatory trainings with minimal interruption to operations.
- Assist in goal setting and tracking for all departments across the companies.
- Maintain employee Personnel, Health, Benefits, Work Comp, and Attendance files for each organization.
- Manage and update management on Worker’s Compensation claims new and ongoing and file insurance claims.
- Maintain and administer health programs and benefit programs for employees.
- Continue self-education, seminars and trainings. Stay up to date on changing laws and guidelines.
- Utilize SHRM to maintain SHRM-SCP certification. (SHRM-SCP)
- Be on-call and available to support the needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION & Benefits:
- This position comes with a “very competitive” salary based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision care
- Basic life/AD&D coverage
- PTO and paid holidays
- Bonus potential
- Many other benefits and room to grow from within
Bonus and amazing Benefits