The Human Resource Manager will work collaboratively with the Human Resources Department and facility management providing superior human resources services to our employees and the facility. This position will support a broad range of human resource activities including employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection, equal employment, employee relations, employee benefits, compliance training, and leadership development. This is a “hands on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Support and partner with site management in all human resources matters.
- Management support—advise company managers on personnel matters so as to minimize company risk.
- Participate in site management meetings updates.
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation processing, health and welfare benefits processing, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance and completing personnel transactions.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Manage and control employee hiring & termination: Recruitment, Temp agency relations/management, Background check, I-9/E-verify compliance, etc.
- Provide guidance on disciplinary action and/or performance improvement plan development AND related documentation
- Knowledge of time-keeping system and coordination with Payroll/Accounting Department
- Conducts on-boarding and monitors career-pathing
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and departmental results in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records, compiles reports and performs analyses as needed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- College Degree required.
- Experience: 10+ years of HR generalist management experience with companies of 50 employees or more.
- Language/Communications: Excellent verbal and written skills
- Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make recommendations.
No direct supervisory responsibility. Periodically directs activities of various vendor partners.
Physical Requirements & Environment:
This position is performed in a manufacturing environment. There may be exposure to noise, work near moving mechanical parts and forklifts, citrus fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions. The employee may be required to stand, walk and sit for long periods at a time, wear the proper protective equipment as required, climb a ladder or stairs, hear and communicate readily, use both hands and arms. Use of telephone, cell phones, a computer, copier, and other office equipment will be required. Travel including automobile or airplane may also be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.