Human Resources Manager Job Description
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Human Resources Manager has overall responsibility for the HR function, including employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, development, implementation and administration of HR programs and employment policies, employee recordkeeping, worker’s compensation and team member safety issues, training and workforce development, and compliance with HR laws and regulations. The HR Manager advises managers and employees on the application of employment, benefits and worker’s compensation laws and regulations and employment policies in the contexts of hiring, discipline, employment termination, training, compensation, benefits, leave, equal opportunity, and other human resources issues.
The HR Manager conducts, but is not limited to:
• Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports, including responsibility for maintaining personnel records.
• Organize and work independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to all levels of staff and management, outside officials and agencies, and the public, expressing ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
• Compile and analyze complex information, and research and develop solutions to complex issues.
• Work well under pressure.
• Accurately follow verbal and written directions from senior management and the corporate office.
• Advise on employment law, rules, regulations and policies affecting employees.
• Assist in hiring, including developing job descriptions and job advertisements, and screening and interviewing candidates.
• Demonstrate skills in consensus-building and mediation in order to constructively address employee conflicts.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more on a regular basis.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including labor relations, employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation, and conflict resolution. Experience working with a diverse workforce. Must be able to continually prioritize, reprioritize, and multi-task.
• Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
• Must be able to pass a criminal background security investigation and drug screen in order to work in assigned areas.
• This position may require a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle if required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s desired.
Human Resources Manager