HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources. The successful candidate will serve as a critical liaison and employee advocate, working as a Business Partner to business unit lead hands and management, in coordinating and organizing daily human resources functions including, but not limited to employee relations, benefits administration, training design and delivery, coaching site leaders in areas of health and safety and compliance with applicable workplace legislation.
Human Resources Manager Responsibilities & Duties:
- Act as a resource to management and supervisory staff and will be responsible for forming a collaborative relationship with site managers
- Participate in and support problem solving efforts designed to enhance the efficient operation of the organization.
- Provides feedback to corporate HR on updates/changes that may be required on operating principles, policies, etc.
- Partners with the regional leadership teams to ensure strategic talent movement are occurring.
- Provide employee relations support, including internal dispute resolution, legislation interpretation, policy and procedure interpretation, counseling, and employee communications.
- Coach managers in effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees in the delivery of departmental goals, and overall talent management.
- Counsel employees regarding career opportunities, personal development, management-employee relations issues, company policy, HR programs.
- Assists in efforts to improve safety culture throughout the region.
- Participate in industry safety groups improving accident rates, and company WCB rating.
- Claims management for workplace and non-workplace injury or disease including accident Investigations and filing claims with Worker's Compensation Boards.
- Maintains detailed records and logs of events, investigations, and discussions in an organized manor, in a variety of electronic and paper-based formats.
- Train employees and leaders in regard to employment legislative requirements including human rights, health and safety, employment equity, workplace harassment, diversity, and leadership development subjects.
- Train managers on administration of corrective action to employees. With the assistance of corporate Human Resources, guide corrective action administered to employees pertaining to identified performance concerns.
- Promote lines of communication
- Ensure all policies and procedures are reinforced and practiced
- Create and present employment agreements
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment law/legislation to ensure compliance
- Communication of changes to HR policies and procedures
- Coordinate and conducts exit interviews and trends in separation
- Participates on committees and special projects as assigned and required
- Other duties that may be assigned or required of the role.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on Human Resources experience preferably in the automotive, manufacturing, construction or other industrial focused industries.
- Experience working for mid-sized organizations.
- Experience with supporting multiple sites
- Ability to present business cases and/or proposals to corporate human resources.
- Ability to interface with management to resolve issues and to determine viable solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong customer-focus with good listening and clear message transmission capabilities.
- Strong communications skills - verbal, written, and presentation.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, make decisions and follow through for results.
- Possess good judgment, knowing when to escalate issues to management.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a business-related discipline.
- Computer skills in MS Office.
- Aptitude for continuous self-development with a willingness to learn new process, techniques, and technologies.
- Self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, including workers compensation, FMLA, and OSHA
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential material
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- This position will require a minimum amount of travel of 40%
- Achievement of, or working towards a Human Resources based designation from a Professional Human Resources Association
We offer an attractive compensation package. Please specify your salary expectations. Only qualified applicants will be selected. No phone calls please. At this time Trigo Global Quality will not offer or commence ("sponsor") an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B, TN, OP-T VISAs or other employment-based immigration case). This is sometimes called "sponsorship" for an employment-based visa status. Qualified candidates may apply directly on our site at: https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
For over 30 years, Trigo Global Quality (Formerly the PIC Group) remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, Trigo provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Following a merger with TRIGO Group in November 2015, PIC has expanded its geographic footprint globally and created the largest and most comprehensive breadth of quality solutions available worldwide. Our team of over 8,000 professionals delivers Quality Assurance Services in over 20 countries. For more information, visit www.trigo-group.com
Trigo Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave