SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
Manage and direct human resources policies, practices and procedures in the areas of recruiting and selection, compensation, performance management, and employee relations, benefits and commercial/workers compensation insurance requirements. Assist supervisors and managers with all human resources matters, operating within company policy, labor law, company practices and contractual requirements.
PRINCIPAL ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain Employee Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Administration and coordination of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long-term disability, FSA, AD&D, ADA, workers compensation, and 401(k) plan
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment.
- Conduct recruitment for all exempt and nonexempt personnel through a variety of sources
- Interview, conduct background and reference checks through third parties, make hiring recommendations and process new hires
- Conduct new employee orientations and on-boarding.
- Conduct exit interviewing and write/place job advertisement
- Maintain company organization chart and employee directory.
- Facilitate management change or restructure with the oversight of the President.
- Ensure administrative paperwork, including processing all necessary employee and departmental paperwork, is appropriately completed
- Ensure coordination with hiring managers to fill open positions in a timely and efficient manner and to obtain the most qualified candidates available.
- Advise management and supervisors regarding disciplinary actions, conduct employee intervention, conflict resolution, and employee relations investigations
- Manage annual renewal, negotiations, and restructure of benefit plans, workers comp insurance, Section 125 Plan, and the open enrollment process
- Comply with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function such as ERISA, HIPAA, etc.
- Understand and comply with CA wage and hour law
- Establish and implement, with coordination from department managers, all employee training.
- Ensure the Company maintains proper commercial, liability and other risk coverage and review customer insurance requirement document
- Manage all HR communication at the appropriate level of confidentiality
- Investigate all complaints and conduct all necessary follow up as appropriate.
- Maintain updated job descriptions.
- Lead hourly staffing process to identify cost-effective and new/improved temporary agencies and other sources.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, ethical and communication skills.
- Support and champion strategic safety initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferable in business or human resources
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management and HR Best Practices - working knowledge of EEOC requirements, labor law, workers’ compensation; ADA; and FMLA