The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, and directing the strategic recruitment and employment programs that support the needs of the business. In addition to managing the full life cycle recruitment process, the HR Manager will participate in a variety of generalist activities, including, but not limited to, onboarding, employee relations, employee development, compensation analysis, risk mitigation, and process improvement initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Implement and manage the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the company website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and the employee Intranet and so forth.
- Utilizes the HRIS system to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization.
- Manager recruitment, screening and interview processes for full-time and temporary staff for the facility; collaborate with operations/ hiring management to ensure optimized staffing levels on various shifts based on forecasting of production needs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers.
- Utilize traditional and non-traditional resources to identify, attract and hire qualified candidates.
- Develop innovative posting techniques to attract candidates, including social media.
- Manage hiring or termination of all employees, including letters of hire, non-compete/non-solicitation agreements, separation agreements, severance compensation, and exit interviews, etc.
- Coordinate and guide any changes in employment status of employees – promotions, resignations or terminations.
- Refine/define the responsibilities, qualifications, skills, competencies, performance standards, career progression paths and compensation structure for positions within the organization.
- Develop communication strategies to ensure on-going and consistent communication to all employees on updated policies, procedures, programs and support.
- Provide legal and best practices information and suggestions as it pertains to employee relations, as well as conduct investigations as necessary
- Ensure on-going compliance with federal and state employment statutes and practices. Provide counsel to management team on pending legislation, reporting requirements and other external factors that may impact the workforce or workplace practices.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Act as a key business partner to members of the company to improve the recruiting process.
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including trends in tech recruiting and compensation.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Manage any disputes or issues that may arise with employees, seeking legal counsel as needed
- Provide a resource for employees to turn to for guidance and direction, and to resolve any issues they may be having with other employees or their supervisor
- Perform other duties as requested
- We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience in HR, has a 4-year degree in Business, Human Resources or similar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including ICIMS or PeopleSoft.
- A track record with sourcing, recruiting and closing extraordinary talent.
- Strong program management skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law.
- Experience designing, assessing, deploying and optimizing talent campaigns and initiatives.
- Experience with defining and presenting recruiting and pipeline metrics and data.