Born digital, Axos Bank has reinvented the banking model and grown to over $12 billion in assets since our founding in 2000. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 digital banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "AX (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
You will be responsible for the on the ground execution of the people functions at Axos Clearing in accordance with the policies and practices of Axos, our Values, and the laws and regulatory requirements of the respective governmental organizations. Partnering with the human resources team, you will provide leadership and guidance in executing the talent strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of Axos, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, and employee relations.
Human resource professional for Securities workforce in Omaha with additional locations and enterprise intiatives to support and lead.
- Ambassador and champion of Axos’ culture and values
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand Axos’ business goals and strategy; identify ways to support strategy through talent management
- Partner with the HR team to understand and execute Axos’ talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and retention
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop, and execute best practices for hiring and talent management
- Manage recruitment process from open position to hire, including sourcing, interviewing, and testing qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Provide day-to-day guidance, coaching, and support to the management team regarding employee relations issues, performance issues, interpretation of employment laws, policies and procedures. Ensure that all employee relation issues are handled in a timely manner in accordance with established procedures
- Train managers on Axos’ recruitment and HR policies and procedures
- Work closely with managers to ensure pre-hire, onboarding, and separation processes are carried out in accordance with established procedures
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to change management activities
- Administer human resource programs including, but not limited to, orientation, onboarding, disciplinary matters; disputes, and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Monitor and ensure Axos’ compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review
- and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with Axos policy
- Undertake special enterprise level projects and duties as directed by the EVP, Human Resources or SVP, Talent Acquisition
- 10+ years’ human resource management, including direct recruiting experience in a fast paced, dynamic organization
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Consultative approach toward internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence, and create collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Considerable skill in interviewing techniques, ability to identify high performing attributes and characteristics, and apply techniques to differentiate between high and low performers
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to manage and resolve issues
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially: attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative, and tact
- Great change management skills; ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Excel in a fast paced, demanding environment; handle competing priorities successfully
- Mental acumen with a large dose of common sense
- Self-directed; resourceful; work well independently and as part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with an ability to utilize ATS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Staffing agency
- Financial services
- SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR
- iCIMS, Cornerstone
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.