Plans, recommends, implements, and oversees all aspects of Human Resources at designated Company location(s) based on the needs of the organization. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, selection, leadership support, employee relations, labor relations, workforce planning, performance management, training, compensation, people development, and discipline. Administers collective bargaining agreement(s) for applicable workforce.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Management or equivalent field required.
- Ten+ years of experience in human resources in positions with increasing responsibility including HR leadership required.
- At least five years of direct leadership experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- HR Certification through HRCI or SHRM strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Leading and managing employees
- Achieving results
- Developing, mentoring, coaching, and disciplining employees
- Communicating effectively with all different types of people with varying levels of understanding
- Managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Directs daily Human Resources activities.
- Partners with leaders to provide HR services in support of business objectives.
- Evaluates people challenges, works with leaders to determine effective resolutions, and provides support in addressing all people-related matters.
- Develops and conducts training (or secures external resources) for HR compliance and to improve effectiveness in business areas such as leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal communication skills, etc.
- Works in conjunction with HR team members and hiring leaders to plan and conduct new employee orientation based on site-specific needs.
- Represents management and serve as chairperson at all labor relations meetings and activities.
- Participates as a member of the management negotiating team in contract negotiations.
- Investigates employee and labor relations matters, documents results, and implements relative actions.
- Work in concert with Operational Excellence team to promote continuous improvement.
- Serve as People Pillar Leader for applicable location(s) to create and maintain a qualified, willing and empowered work force.
- Prepares or updates position descriptions, policies, procedures, employee handbooks and supplements, etc. based on ever-evolving business needs.
- Supports and assists with administering performance review and merit increase process.
- Supports and assists with benefits administration and open enrollment activities.
- Implements and oversees apprenticeship programs with technical colleges and other training facilities; ensures program produces skilled workers based on business needs.
- Recommends HR budget for assigned site(s); tracks expenditures and ensures accountability for performing at or favorable to budget.
- Negotiates with and contracts outside suppliers for applicable services.
- Represents Company at hearings, investigations, and audits.
- Represents the Company as necessary in community relations activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Human Resources Manager