Supports corporate Human Resource efforts by assisting with projects and programs in employment, recruitment, employee relations, organization development, training and compliance. Focused on internal human resources functions that will drive success to AlphaStaff as an organization.
• Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with standard corporate and federal and state legal requirements.
• Manages hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communication.
• Oversees new employee on-boarding process; schedules and runs new employee orientation, develops personnel files and coordinates with corporate benefits and payroll processing.
• Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
• Maintains all active and terminated employee files, including all performance documentation and attendance records, ensuring that all information is current and in compliance with federal and state law.
• Knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Responds to employee requests for information and inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. Escalates issues as necessary.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Supports the processing of payroll. Ensures time entries are completed and validates PTO balances are correct.
• Coordinates distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Handbook, benefits open enrollment, and employee recognition.
• Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
• Assists in the investigation of claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
• Supports the administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Capable of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of executives, managers and employees.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including intermediate level expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Previous HRIS experience required but will train on AlphaStaff systems.
• PHR a plus.