Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you do...
Are you interested in a challenging opportunity working for an industry-leading construction company? Granite Construction's Heavy Civil Group is seeking a Human Resources Manager to support its Northeast regional operations.
This hands-on position is based in our Tarrytown, NY regional office with responsibilities for a wide-range of HR activities including managing college and professional recruiting, handling employee relations, coordinating benefits enrollment, compensation, training and development, talent management and labor relations with a goal of maximizing employee engagement. Some travel to field based projects and college campuses is required.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the region’s Human Resources functions by consulting, guiding, educating management and employees on best Human Resource practices to ensure increased commitment in attaining the company’s strategic objectives.
- Support, advise, and partner with management on Human Resources programs and policies which strengthen Granite’s competitive advantage and ensures recognition as the Employer of Choice.
- Guide, train, and coach employees and managers on performance management to identify and reward employee success, provide advancement opportunities and establish a high performance culture.
- Partner with the regional management team to identify, grow and develop the Granite’s talent pool. Develop a solid recruiting network which ensures a pool of top talent available to meet the need of the region. This includes managing and growing the regions college recruiting, university relations, and internship programs.
- Providing guidance on various federal and state laws effecting employment.
- Serve as a liaison between the operating Group office and the field to effectively communicate and educate about policies/ procedures and new program roll-outs.
- Coordinating the Employee Dispute Resolution Program, conducting internal investigations and recommending solutions regarding complaints to ensure employees are treated fairly as well as compliance with company policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- PHR certification desired
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.Human ResourcesHuman ResourcesFull-time