Come Run with Sasquatch as a Manager of Human Resources in our Alpena, SD plant! In this role, you will work with our senior plant management team our state of the art manufacturing plant to develop strategies that enable us to attract, recruit and retain the best team members that make our workplace culture and environment awesome!
You'll partner closely with our Support Center HR team to create and implement high-performing programs within compensation, performance management, organizational development, benefits, employee engagement, and training. This role reports to Human Resources with a dotted line to the onsite plant manager and leads an onsite HR team.
Specifically, you will implement and manage programs across these work streams:
- Build a positive culture that helps attain and maintain operational excellence through people by enhancing management practices, sponsoring employee-centered events and fostering open communications.
- Lead and facilitate team member engagement initiatives.
- Resolve complex, moderate-risk employee relations issues including investigations, and serve as escalation point and guide for team members working on more basic, less risky issues.
- Manage a consistently-applied, easy-to-follow and compliant disciplinary process to mitigate risk.
- Develop effective recruitment strategies and the execution of the strategies through team members for local hires, both non-exempt and exempt; including managing advertising budgets.
- Partner with Plant Management in the development of standardized staffing levels of direct and indirect populations, including ratios of temporary to regular, as well as sustain those staffing levels through prioritized recruitment efforts.
- Ensure the consistent deployment and efficacy of the onboarding program locally through periodic monitoring and the solicitation of improvement feedback from new hires.
- Effectively hire, manage and mentor HR team, share best practices and continuously identify training opportunities to develop staff.
- Build local management’s competency in smart people practices involving the areas of workforce planning, employee relations & engagement, recruitment, communications, and talent management.
- Locally manage the execution of talent management processes including performance management and succession planning.
- Provide detailed reporting and analysis on headcount, salaries, budgets and other people-related issues. Interpret this data and make suitable recommendations to plant leadership.
- Support the introduction of people-related programs or processes with appropriate change management initiatives to increase understanding and commitment to business strategy and tactics.
- Deploy, manage and drive all standard HR processes and policies as well as adherence to applicable human resource federal and state requirements by keeping current and continually communicating and educating managers and employees on those topics.
- Collaborate with site Safety Manager to ensure worker’s compensation claims are being handled timely and appropriately; assume responsibility for management of claims and communication to employees regarding status, etc.
- Ensure the timely, accurate submission of payroll hours through team members.
- Four-year degree in Human Resources or business-related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated managerial, coaching and leadership skills with proven, positive results required.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive HR experience required
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills.
- Proficient in Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must demonstrate effective leadership
- Working experience with USDA Guidelines
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.