The Human Resources (HR) Specialist will partner with management to develop employee capabilities and improve communications and the performance of the company by facilitating the implementation of key HR initiatives to recruit, retain and develop company personnel. The HR Specialist will showcase his/her communication and employee relations expertise to ensure that all levels of the organization demonstrate the Company’s values and continuously work to develop the skill level of Electrolab’s workforce.
- Foster positive employee relations. Assist in developing an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention & development, and high standards for performance.
- Work with management to facilitate timely salary recruiting and lead the hourly recruiting process. Make recommendations on talent selection.
- Create and place job postings; schedule and conduct interviews; conduct background checks; and ensure new hire paperwork is complete.
- Work with temporary staffing agencies for temp-to-hire and day laborer positions.
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes New Employee Orientation and Assimilation.
- Maintain employee records and HR documentation while protecting confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
- Schedule and coordinate 90-day and annual employee reviews.
- Provide research and input on benefits and compensation.
- Direct team performance management. Ensure compliance with HR policies on discipline and Performance Improvement Plans. Work with leaders, managers, and supervisors to resolve performance issues. Monitor the implementation of performance improvement plans with non-performing employees.
- Conduct investigations when an employee complaint is brought forth and/or an employee raises a concern regarding a colleague or supervisor.
- Monitor and advise manager/supervisors in the disciplinary actions of the company.
- Review and provide guidance on employment terminations.
- Revise and Update Employee Handbook.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of Employment law (EEO, ADA, FMLA, etc. – State and Federal).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Behavior or equivalent experience with four year degree.
- 3-5 years progressive human resource experience.
- A “People Person” with excellent communications skills, including the ability to accurately receive and disperse information to a wide range of stakeholders; Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- HR records management experience.
- Demonstrated decision making skills; ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; develop appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Healthcare and On the Job Training Programs a plus.
- PHR or SHRM certification a plus.