Husk Bakeshop is looking for a Production Support Team Member / Packer to help our incredible bakery team. This role will be assisting in bread and pastry item production and packing items ready for shipping and store delivery.
Husk is about making the impossible possible. We are all about the real, the natural, the delicious. We are a gluten-free bakery housed in a world-class facility in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City. We have scoured the globe to find the best baking talent and we are looking for one more to join our team. This is gluten-free baking like you have never seen it! Come be a part of it.
- Assisting with bread and pastry production.
- Daily mixing/portioning/production of products including but not limited to energy balls, muesli bars and granola.
- Following training and recipe guidelines to maintain standards and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in using ovens and bakery machinery.
- Following batch coding procedures.
- Storing & restocking ingredients following FIFO, including dating products accordingly.
- Packing boxes to ship to customers.
- Working to time schedule and constraints in order to complete the daily schedule of production needs/ tasks set for the production day in a timely manner.
- Maintaining hygiene and food safety standards in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished product.
- Daily cleaning of equipment and work stations, as well as general facility cleaning, dish washing and trash removal
- In accordance to company policies and procedures everyone is responsible for the following, Food safety (HACCP), Food quality (HACQP), Personnel practices (GMP), adherence to cleaning and sanitation procedures (breaking down boxes and garbage removal)
Skills and qualifications:
- Industry experience (baking/porter/packing) preferred but not required
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to take direction
- Manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of organization
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as:
- Safety rules and Manuals
- Operating Manuals
- Maintenance instructions
- Procedure Manuals
Visit us at https://huskbakeshop.comto learn more about working with our incredible team. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
- Husk Bakeshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. -