Jorda Mechanical Contractor is a Miami, Florida based mechanical contracting company specializing in the new construction, renovation, retrofit, service and maintenance of commercial and institutional HVAC systems. We are seeking a qualified Field Supervisor to assist with planning, scheduling and overseeing projects and field operations.
JOB SUMMARY: Experienced Foreman to assist and plan mechanical projects and oversee progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. In this position you will be in charge of overseeing, and expecting planned events in relation to beginning and completing projects. Qualified candidates will be committed to overall objectives and self-development within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to read and follow plans
- Fluent ability to install and complete sheet metal materials lists including measuring and field coordinating with other trades
- Fluent ability to install and complete mechanical piping materials lists including measuring and field coordinating with other trades
- Firm comprehension of local code related regulations for HVAC and Mechanical work
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Manage all aspects and details of a job, including ordering materials, scheduling, quality assurance, and maintaining deadlines
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and exhibits outstanding customer service skills
- Able to create a scope of work based on project needs
- Estimate materials and cost for requested scope changes
- Regularly review the project in depth to schedule and make projections for project completion, and keeping the job progress on schedule.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to the job status as needed.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems, manage and mitigate risks
- Assist with all requests for information, change requests, etc. and issue appropriate responses
- Assist in the coordination of subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage subcontractor schedules, quality-of-work, coordination with other trades, and payments
- Maintain detailed project schedules
- Coordinate timely schedule updates with leadership team
- Manage your construction team
- Conduct safety weekly safety meetings
- 10+ years of proven experience in mechanical and construction
- General understanding of related construction principles (framing, plumbing, electrical etc.)
- Well organized and capable of running multiple jobs at a time
- Solid understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Able to effectively communicate and negotiate with various teams to resolve cost issues
- OSHA 30 hours (preferred)
Education and Work Experience
Fluent knowledge of HVAC trade. Minimum of 5 years working as a Foreman.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, use hands to handle drawings and type, talk clearly and listen.
What We OFFER!
* 401K retirement plan
* Short term disability plans
* Accident plans
* Dental, and vision plans
Job Type: Full-time
- Field Supervisor Role: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 5 years (Preferred)
- HVAC: 5 years (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Salary is negotiable, and primarily based on your level of expertise and experience.