Established, growing, innovative industry leader in the HVAC/building automation controls and energy management industry with over 100 offices nationwide is seeking an experienced HVAC/Building Automated Controls Commissioning Engineer for their Boston area office.
The Commissioning Engineer to execute and manage all phases of systems and/or service jobs to include: estimating, designing, tracking, installing, billing and customer acceptance. Reporting into the Boston area office, the Commissioning Engineer designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
Previous experience with Siemens, Metasys or similar controls systems a major plus.
- Independently lead and manage building commissioning projects from award to close-out and turnover to the organization.
- Partner with the engineering team to review design documents, drawings and specifications building controls system sequences and equipment submittals.
- Reviewing system controls sequences and participating in meetings to clarify and improve them.
- Generating pre-functional checklists and performing pre-functional checks of installed equipment.
- Performing construction site visits to identify and document discrepancies, including generating site visit reports summarizing each visit through all project phases.
- Writing system-specific functional performance test scripts from design control sequences.
- Leading and completing functional performance testing with the technical workforce.
- Possessing thorough knowledge and understanding of building automation systems (BAS) and being able to use and manipulate building automation systems independently.
- Performing, documenting and troubleshooting integrated system tests.
- Generating and maintaining Commissioning Issues Reports with a focus on expediting issues
- Verifying equipment and system start-up work, and supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in all situations by being a proficient writer who can concisely communicate and manage information throughout all phases of a project.
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills by providing clear, transparent and regular updates on project statuses.
- Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule.
- Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of MEP and BAS controls systems.
- 5-10 years construction project management experience with mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, including design, controls systems integration and implementation,
- troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, balancing and facility operations
- Hands-on building automation controls commissioning, and equipment start-up and operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Associate’s Degree in Engineering preferred, however, candidates with directly related work experience and a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) will also be considered
- PE license is a plus, but not required
- Must have fully developed technical competencies related to Building Mechanical, Electrical, and building automation control systems
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified
- Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for
employment in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility
requirements to drive a company vehicle.
Excellent upward career opportunities. Very competitive compensation. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401K with 100% matching employee contribution up to 6%, company vehicle, gas card, lap top, cell phone, plus much more!
This company is an equal-opportunity employer.