You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Manager, Corporate General Engineering Department / B&G Department, you will work with all business units of Sonoco to support our facility mechanical construction / maintenance, and production support system requirements.
- You will Work safely and promote safety in all aspects of employment.
- You will develop HVAC/R, Compressed Air Distribution and Chilled Water Systems detailed designs, specifications, drawings, and cost estimates to meet the needs of Sonoco’s facilities located throughout US, Canada, and Mexico.
- You will oversee the project budget, schedule and provide onsite equipment installation management to ensure the requirements of the project are achieved.
- You will have an in-depth working knowledge of Dust Collection Systems, Material Handling Systems, Steam Systems and all other facility mechanical systems (wells, pumps, potable water, sewers, lift stations, etc.).
This position is located in beautiful Hartsville, SC at our Global Headquarters.
- We expect you to have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- You will have at least 5 years of detailed design experience in heavy industrial facility HVAC/R, Compressed Air Distribution and Chilled Water Systems.
- You must be willing to travel 35%.
- We expect you to be proficient using AutoCAD.
- This is a progression experience and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.