This is a permanent, full-time position offering great salary, competitive benefits, as well as fun and friendly work environment!
- Prepare timely cost analyses using on-screen computer estimating software; calculating labor, equipment, subcontractors, materials, and other costs.
- Review bid documents for upcoming projects as well as large change-order requests.
- Develop value engineering strategies.
- Build and maintain Quickpen/Trimble Accubid pricing information.
- Review and understand all project bid requirements and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepare financial analyses of upcoming projects using value engineering to ensure customer satisfaction, including compliance with all state and federal standards.
- Generate and review concise and informative SOW statements.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and understand SOW with limited information.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical estimating of HVAC systems for medium or large commercial mechanical/HVAC construction company.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating both Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, Negotiated, and Plan-Spec projects, and ability to read and interpret CAD, Revit and construction documents.
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates.
- Stable work history
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering and/or Sheet Metal/HVAC field experience