Career Placement Advisor I & II Job Number: CPA03272019
A leading Vocational College is seeking a dynamic and goal oriented professional for a full time Career Services Advisor opportunity. The Career Services Advisor will be responsible for assisting students and graduates in securing employment in their field of study. In this role you will be responsible for developing services that support the school’s mission, meeting the needs of a diverse campus population and fostering student professional and career development. You will also be responsible to the campuses placement outcomes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Partners with Compliance in regards to placement verification and documentation processes and policies.
- Engage and actively partner with students from enrollment to employment with activities such as: mock interviews, professional workshops, resume writing, and workforce preparation.
- Partner with students and employers to address and resolve placement and externship challenges and opportunities.
- Partner with students, alumni and employers to schedule employment interviews.
- Conduct follow up activities with students and employers regarding resume submission, interviews and conduct graduate exit interview to determine and evaluate job interest.
- Create, organize and support Career Development Center events such as career fairs and externship preparation workshops.
- Build new strategic relationships and maintain a positive working partnership with employers to secure externship, placement and referral opportunities.
- Conduct employer outreach and site visits to communicate the campus features, program information, and staffing benefits to employers in order to develop new job leads.
- Recommend and encourage employer attendance at on-campus job fairs, workshops, Advisory Board meetings, and classroom presentations.
- Participate in recruiting and networking events, cold calling activities and social media.
- Network and build relationships with employers to hire graduates.
- Achieve and maintain placement goals daily, weekly and monthly.
- Input all activity in database management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- At least two years of related experience (career services office, staffing agency, or other related recruiting or sales experience).
- High School Diploma. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in staffing strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to a diverse population.
- Strong PC skills with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience in job searching techniques.
College Career Services and Job Placement
Summit College offers excellent benefit packages including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, PTO, and career advancement opportunities. Summit College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at www.SummitCollege.edu