The HVAC instructor position involves:
- The instructor provides instruction following an approved training curriculum and materials.
- Instructors should enjoy working with students to prepare them for entry level HVAC technicians.
- The instructor assesses students through applicable monitoring and skills demonstration.
- The instructor ensures that all safety standards and practices are consistently applied in the maintenance of facilities, equipment and materials.
- The HVAC instructors applies school academic policy and procedures and provides advise to students in need of improvement based on academic progress evaluation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate daily attendance records and communicate any attendance concerns to the Director of Education/Education Supervisor.
- The instructor demonstrates thorough knowledge of the field, remains current in the subject matter through professional development, participation in professional organizations, and attending professional meetings, conference or workshops.
- Ensures that all classes start and end at the prescribed times.
- Plans and organizes instruction designed to optimized student learning; employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students including strategies to meet diverse students’ needs.
- Participates in program curriculum development and improvement processes.
- Provide students with academic support, tutoring, and skills enhancement as necessary.
- Prepares and organizes lesson materials, equipment, and training area.
- Develop training aids and projects relevant to the subject matter taught.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of their educational process.
- Provide regular, accurate and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academic, behavior, attendance, etc.
Other duties assigned Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of three years’ field experience in heating, air conditioning and/or refrigeration with responsible experience working in the industry and knowledge of servicing, troubleshooting, and the installation of residential and light commercial HVAC systems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, an understanding of control systems as well as working knowledge of industrial HVAC systems is a plus strong written and verbal communication skills, and PC literate, enjoy working with a diverse group of students.
- Licensure Requirements: EPA 608 Universal Certification Required, NATE Core Service Certification preferred
$60,000.00 - $85,000.00 /year