St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Heating/Air Conditioning Mechanic performs scheduled preventive maintenance according to established Engineering practices on all industrial boiler, chiller, heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment to provide an environment that is conducive to the well-being of patients, hospital staff and visitors. Makes adjustments to the environmental control system as necessary to maintain an appropriate environment. Operates industrial boilers, chillers and associated equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs/ maintains all HVAC equipment and all heating and air conditioning systems, or, Operates / maintains Boiler, Chillers and all associated Equipment.
- Completes all necessary repairs on assigned equipment in an expeditious manner to minimize any disruptions that may occur which could affect the well-being of patients and the staff’s ability to provide required services.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on assigned equipment utilizing current professional standards and provides legible written documentation as to what was done according to established Engineering procedures.
- Investigates, evaluates and remedies environmental problems to provide a healthful and pleasant environment for patient, staff and visitors.
- Submits material requisitions and/or appropriate information according to established Engineering procedures for the repair or replacement of assigned equipment.
- Provides occasional in-service training to hospital staff on the proper use and care of selected equipment such as control systems.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires standing for up to eight (8) hours per day and walking for up to four (4) hours per day, sitting for extended periods of up to two hours, lifting loads of up to 60 lbs., pushing loads of up to 300 lbs., bending, crouching, reaching, twisting, climbing (stairs and ladder), and manual dexterity to make equipment repairs. Seeing as it relates to normal vision, and hearing as it relates to normal hearing.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate (G.E.D.)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience through on the job training in firing high-pressure boilers or two (2) years’ experience with industrial air conditioning and heating systems.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!