Seeking Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanics with recent leadership or past working experience with facilities maintenance and operations supporting our installation to support our operations and maintenance requirements
The purpose of this position is to maintain heating, ventilation & cooling equipment and controls in proper operation, control and balance by performing the following essential functions:
- Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration and/or hydronic systems, air-side equipment/components, piping, valves, ductwork, and controls
- Mounts compressors and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metal working tools and welding equipment
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools
- Installs fan systems on "mounts" or in-line
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to tests systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation
- Tests joins and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment
- May install, repair and service self-contained air conditioning units
- Provide Test & Balancing for air-side systems
- Be capable of operating building automation controls systems (i.e., BAS or EMCS)
- Be able to troubleshoot and repair, especially BAS air-side components and controls, such as dampers and temperature and humidity sensors
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Georgia Secretary of State Licensing Board or equivalent.
- Journeyman's experience in the trade.