Miami Dade College, Kendall Campus is looking for a highly motivated individual for the HVAC Mechanic IV position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs tasks by using the standard tools, materials, codes methods, and safe practices of the HVAC trade
• Maintains, services, cleans and repairs chilled water based air handling units and systems, direct expansion HVAC equipment, Variable Air Volume (VAV) boxes, and variable frequency drives (VFD’s), using appropriate trade tools and diagnostic equipment
• Operates energy management system schedules, starts and stops equipment and adjusts the parameter to the HVAC system
• Maintains, troubleshoots, services, replaces, cleans, and repairs cooling towers, air compressors, air handler units, regulators, pneumatic and Direct Digital controls, exhaust and supply fans, water pumps, water coolers and related direct expansion equipment
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the HVAC trade, either as a trade helper (or equivalent) or as a participant
• Must possess EPA Card type 1, 2, or Universal Certification.
• Must possess a journeyman’s license
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
• Considerable knowledge of trade tools and of occupational hazards, safety precautions, local codes and regulations pertaining to the trades
• Ability to plan, assign, review, supervise, and inspect the work of others, schedule facilities and staff, and coordinate work with other trades
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: 24.51 Hourly