Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Scope of Work:
Independently maintain, modify, troubleshoot, repair, adjust, calibrate, validate, certify, test and operate domestic and industrial year-round air conditioning and heating units. Remove and replace compressors, condensing units, water pumps, fans and other system components. Maintain all internal electrical circuitry. Replenish lubricants and refrigerants. Connect vacuum and pressure gauges, electro/mechanical controls and other accessories. Test units and adjust all components to specifications. Perform any work assigned to the employees in the classification. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to accomplish work assignment.
Performs duties in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section, working within the limits of established policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from verbal information, blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics and applicable national, state and municipal specifications, codes and ordinances.
- Read and make control adjustments using such typical testing equipment as freon leak tester, thermometer (wet and dry bulbs) sling and motorized psychrometer, monometer, velometer, hydrometer, humidistat, etc.
- Perform minor insulation with prefabricated mineral insulating material, bindings, plastic, cement, etc. as required.
- May operate gas welding equipment to perform cutting, burning and soldering as necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
- Work with computers
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must maintain security clearance, area permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Performs other related and/or associated duties as required.
- This classification may include managing hazardous materials or other environmental responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and bend/twist body for extended periods of time
- Work at heights
- Walk up/down stairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls
- Frequently perform repetitive movements
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- A recognized apprenticeship training program plus 2 years of experience OR
- Military or Civilian vocational training plus 2 years of experience OR
- 5 years of direct work-related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Five years’ experience in the commercial or industrial HVAC field.
- Universal EPA Certification for Refrigerant Handling preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain job related Licenses, Certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules and regulations
- Able to interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.