Healthcare Trust of America is the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings in the United States and we have a great opportunity for you to join our team!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position will primarily focus on the maintenance and repair of the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning systems for our commercial medical office facilities. The position involves the coordination, scheduling and physical hands on repair of various building systems for commercial medical office facilities. In this position you will support the Building Engineering staff and will be expected to provide the skills, knowledge and capabilities necessary to perform repair, replacement and preventive maintenance service for the proper operation of our commercial HVAC building systems and equipment.
The position requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, and show a desire to continually improve our building systems and provide excellent customer service through tenant and staff interactions. The position may require building engineering coverage of routine building work orders and on call emergency response as required.
- You will oversee and perform maintenance, including diagnostics and hands on repair of various HVAC equipment including: Chillers, RoofTop Package Units, Compressors, Heat Pumps, TXV and coil repair, Fan and electrical component replacement.
- You must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot low voltage control and BAS/EMS logic controls.
- Provide status and input with routine communication with our Property Manager, Chief Engineer and Regional Chief Engineer on repairs, projects, operational and capital expense budgeting.
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required equipment inspections, and institute require repair schedules as directed.
- Eliminate and/or reduce reliance on subcontractors and 3rd party services for HVAC system repairs.
- Respond to tenant request and preventative maintenance requirements through Angus Anywhere an on-line work order system.
- May perform other duties as assigned and as needed to assist in the management of responsibilities associated with commercial medical office buildings.
- High school education or GED required.
- HVAC technical training or trade school background preferred.
- Licensed HVAC technician certification or comparable and equal years of service in the HVAC industry.
- Universal Refrigerant Certification
- EPA 608 certification
- 3-5 years of verifiable service experience on refrigerant based systems
- Valid driver’s license and must meetcompany safe motor vehicle operation criteria
- Past experience working independently with little or no supervision required
Other Skill Requirements:
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills required
- Outstanding customer service skills required
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50lbs)
- Must be willing to assist at other properties within the portfolio from time to time as needed
- A great part of candidate’s time may be in the field, thus verbal and written communication with other staff is imperative
- Ability to comprehend and use technology to aid in the management of duties; Computers, Mobile Smart Phone, Energy Management Systems and diagnostic equipment
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Employer Paid: Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and AD&D
Please visit our website at https://htareit.com/ to learn more about our great company!!
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Military Leave
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement