We are looking for a HVAC Project Engineer to join our Pasadena Office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.�
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Surveying existing buildings (for retrofits), identifying opportunities for improvement, and gathering necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, and structural characteristics.
- Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
- Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
- Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Supervising jobs on-site as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational problems.
- Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
- Providing the customer with energy performance data.
- Other duties as directed by partnering Project Managers, Sales Management, or Engineering leadership.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical concentration strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years� experience in estimating, design, and prosecution of HVAC projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
- High sense of integrity
- Solid organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems�an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.