Semper Solaris is rapidly growing with several locations expanding across California. Our commitment to excellence has earned us an industry-wide reputation for being one of the top roofing and solar companies in California.
The HVAC Service Technician attends service and maintenance calls at customer homes. The ideal candidate will enjoy troubleshooting, is motivated by hard work, and able to work independently. In addition, they will have a high attention to detail and a genuine care to their work craft.
- Competitive hourly rate!
- Full benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Career path opportunities for top performers!
- Perform service and maintenance repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
- Test the equipment and make and necessary changes or repairs.
- Diagnose problems with heating, air conditioning or ventilation units.
- Install new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specific and established safety guidelines
- Communicate services rendered and train customers on proper equipment use and programming
- Document work performed after every appointment on company work order forms
- Schedule follow up service or maintenance with customer when recommended
- Prepare and submit job reports and invoices daily
- Make product recommendations to customers and identify and leverage up-selling opportunities
- Sell Preventive Maintenance programs to potential and existing customers
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HVAC industry preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to customers
- Ability to read wiring schematics
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems
- CFC certification preferred
- Must possess valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Experience working with CRM software
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to provide own proper hand tools and basics to perform general HVAC maintenance duties
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds regularly with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to climb ladders, work from heights, work in extreme temperatures (hot or cold), tight confined spaces, and sit/stand for long periods of time
Semper Solaris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.