HVAC Role Job Requirements & Description:
- Candidate must have experience with HVAC preventative maintenance and repairing heating & cooling equipment in a commercial or office building setting.
- Experience with BMS systems (Building Management Systems - computer automated controls for heating & cooling systems in large facilities) is a plus.
- Has the ability to climb an 8' step ladder or platform ladder.
- Has the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Has the ability to safely operate a mechanical scissor lift to perform work up to 20' high.
- Responsible for day-to-day troubleshooting and safely addressing/resolving HVAC issues that may arise in the facility.
- Performs monthly preventative maintenance and/or testing of relevant HVAC equipment in the building - including refrigerators and freezers in the cafeteria and break areas in the facility as appropriate.
- Work with related HVAC vendors when they come in to perform preventative maintenance or repairs related to the chillers, chilled water chemical systems, etc.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Assist with tasks such as the following: Help to install and rebuild pumps and motors; help to install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; assist with the install and repair of piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of refrigerant and/or any other hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
Pay Rates w/ Required Certications/Licenses:
- PM Tech (EPA Universal): $20-25/hour
- Journeyman Tech (State of GA Conditioned Air License-Restricted): $25-30/hour
- Master Tech (State of GA Conditioned Air License-Unrestricted: $30-35/hour