Metal Prep is an NCI Building Systems Company. NCI Building Systems (NYSE:NCS) is one of the largest integrated manufacturers and marketers of metal building components, custom-engineered metal building systems and metal coil coaters in North America. With corporate offices in Houston, Texas and worldwide service capabilities, NCI Building Systems serves the metal building construction industry with products and services of the utmost integrity. Under well-recognized brand names, NCI develops, produces and delivers its extensive line of metal products and services to builders and customers around the world.
- Safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to ALL hydraulic power and control systems, plant machinery and infrastructure
- Minimize production time losses associated with the breakdown or failure of production equipment
- Safe and prudent use of company equipment and tools
- Read and comprehend documents including: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and simple correspondence
- Ensure a safe work environment by utilizing Lock-out/Tag-out, Confined Space, Hot Work and Fall Protection procedures and reporting any unsafe condition
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an Industrial environment as an industrial maintenance technician or mechanic
- Ability to effectively communicate and solve problems that involve multiple variables in a standard situation.
- Incumbent should be able to drive a forklift and use power tools
- Working knowledge of basic electrical systems and control circuits preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and manuals
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic machine set-up and alignment
- Willing to work in hot and cold environments
- Willing to work rotating shift and overtime