For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double its revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
The Hydraulic Mechanic will utilize their extensive knowledge and experience in electrical and hydraulic system to work on the world’s largest heavy equipment attachments. This career opportunity will provide the chance to travel across the United States and Canada working on Custom built machinery for the biggest names in the industry.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install custom material kits onto factory heavy equipment machinery, such as Caterpillar, Komatsu, Kobelco, and John Deere. Kits will consist of hydraulic, electrical and fabrication modifications. equipment.
- Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure information for accurate failure analysis.
- Must be able to read factory schematics and prints (USE SCHEMATICS AND PRINTS TO DIAGNOSE HYDRAULIC AND ELECTRICAL ISSUES)
- Develop and maintain a strong customer service relationship with all customer contacts.
- Welding and steel fabrication are a requirement.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts list, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure assigned company vehicle maintains a clean professional appearance and is in proper working order.
- Project a positive professional image with customers.
- National and International travel is required.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws affecting this area of responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Physical demands: Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling on concrete should be expected. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. In addition, long periods of sitting, standing, and walking, as well as working indoors and outdoors in the elements (snow, rain, heat) will be expected. Use of basic tools and equipment customary to this industry.
- Work environment: Safety glasses, earplugs and metatarsal safety shoes required.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and power train technology. High school diploma and minimum of 5 years’ experience working with heavy equipment or equivalent. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the facilitate the production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, and electronic test equipment.
- Computer Software -- Be proficient with computers and the Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Must be proficient with schematics, blue prints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training – Informal and formal training and mentoring of maintenance and peers in hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical technologies.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, effective clear communication and evaluation of customer satisfaction. High level of self-discipline, accountability, and motivation required for the position.
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.