DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation currently has an opening for a Hydraulics Engineer in Columbus, Cleveland, Akron, Ohio or Bridgeville, Pennsylvania..
Duties & Requirements:
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for a variety of projects.
- Use HMR 51/52 and SCS methods for hydrologic analysis to determine peak flows associated with PMF and various recurrence interval storms.
- Perform hydraulic computations using backwater analysis programs such as HEC-RAS to determine water surface elevations in streams and channels.
- Perform closed conduit modeling using programs such as SWMM or its commercial variants.
- Assist with preparation of CLOMRs and LOMRs for submittal to FEMA including the associated detailed reports and mapping.
- Conduct bridge hydraulic analysis including scour computations.
- Perform dam break analysis and inundation mapping.
- Guide physical modeling of flow structures in support of design.
- Prepare detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis reports for studies and projects.
- Provide oversight and guidance to junior-level engineers.
- Prepare proposal scope and cost estimates.
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration
- 3 or more years’ experience with an emphasis in hydraulic engineering
- Demonstrated experience in SWMM modeling either with SWMM5/PCSWMM/XP-SWMM
- Demonstrated use with HEC-RAS including unsteady and two-dimensional modeling
- Experience with HEC-HMS and peak flow methods including HMR 51/52 and SCS
- Experience with GIS and CAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hydraulic bridge design and stream restoration is a plus
- Available for occasional short-term travel
- Spanish Language skills strongly desired.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.