Position TitleHydroVac Driver
The HyrdroVac Driver is responsible for operating a hyrdro excavation truck and performing hydro excavation projects in a safe and compliant manner. This position successfully completes projects such as utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, digging, and cleaning tankers.
This position requires travel between the Permian/Delaware (West Texas) and Eagle Ford (South Texas) basins as needed. The HyrdroVac Driver travels to locations which are, at times, in remote areas requiring the driver to be comfortable operating the hydro excavation truck in a variety of environments and across diverse terrain.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate hyrdrovac truck and hoses, holding vacuum and waterlines during operation.
- Read and interpret sketches, such as drawings of desired trenching to be completed, as well as known utilities, pipelines, or other buried objects in the work area.
- Set-up and break-down equipment.
- Ensure general clean-up of jobsites.
- Proactively communicate with facility operators and other staff assigned to the location where hydro excavation projects are being performed.
- Serve as a positive representative of NGL, providing customer service and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- On a daily basis, conduct vehicle inspections, complete driver’s logs, and submit requisite paperwork. At all times, practice strict adherence to DOT requirements.
- Practice team work with the swamper (if assigned) to ensure efficiency and safety of all hydro excavation projects.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance of vehicle at all times.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any vehicle safety concerns.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- May be assigned to drive tractor/trailer and perform water hauling duties between hydro excavation projects.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Working Knowledge of DOT regulations and procedures.
- Attention to detail and technical skills necessary to complete driver’s logs and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the following endorsement(s):
- Tanker (N).
- 1+ years of Class B CDL Tanker driving experience required.
- 1+ years of HyrdroVac Truck operating experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required or equivalent experience.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate from the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- SafeLand/PEC certification required. Note: This may be obtained upon job offer.
50% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to field locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must constantly position, transport and/or move 50 or more pounds. On occasion moving over 50 pounds will be required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access and input information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions including extreme cold, extreme heat, and high winds.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Could require hearing protection at times.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.