The Hydrovac Truck & Trailer Mechanic requires related work experience in areas including building or repairing heavy duty trailers, hydraulic cranes, and hyrovac trucks, as well as, mig & tig welding,
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Parts fabrication.
- Repair diag and troubleshoot hydrovac units.
- Installation of components.
- Test operation of completed unit.
- Trouble shoot and repair customer units in the service shop and in the field when necessary.
- Install heavy components such as PTO's and pumps.
- Install components in truck cabs and on truck bodies.
- Install aluminum and fiberglass roofs.
- Repair and replace flooring.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Install and test hydraulic systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment.
- Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox.
- 3 years recent mechanic experience is required.
- Experience working with hydraulic systems.
- Aluminum mig & tig welding experience.
- Familiarity with automotive electronics and 110 volt systems.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform heavy component installations. .
- Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.