NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Hygienist.
The Dental Hygienist provides preventive dental services, education and treatment for the patients of Lutheran Family Health Center Network and participates in educational programs in the community. He/she performs expanded functions as allowed by state law
- Participates in patient education programs in the community
- Evaluate patients oral hygiene and dental health and make preventive dental recommendations.
- Provides oral prophylaxis and scaling of teeth with cavitron and hand instruments
- Provides oral hygiene instructions through individual patient health education which includes: dental caries prevention, proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques, and nutritional guidance.
- Assists the dentists in filling out charts accurately and processing patient's forms and records. Facilitate the patient reappointment process.
- Apply topical fluoride treatment/pit and fissure sealants
- Maintain hygiene operatory in an organized and clean fashion, assuring that appropriate instruments are available.
- Expose, develop, and mount radiographs properly.
- Complete the dental record clearly and accurately.
- Provide chairside assistance to the dentist when necessary and aid in triage of emergency dental patients.
- Adhere to hospital, health center and department policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Dental Department Quality Assurance/Chart Audit Program
- Maintain clinical recall system
To qualify you must have a NYS Dental Hygiene License, CPR Certification
Willingness to devote the time required completing assigned tasks on schedule
Devotes attention and resources to provide the best customer service possible.
Utilizes all available resources to reach sound decisions
Initiates action to solve problems and assumes responsibility
Works with others toward shared goals including participation in department problem-solving and improvement activities.
Demonstrates an awareness of and respect for co-workers/patients' cultural background, treating people with fairness and respect.
Complies with HIPAA, OSHA, JCAHO, LMC policies and procedures
Meets attendance guidelines
Meets punctuality guidelines.
Meets annual mandatory education requirements
Completes goals and assigned projects in a timely manner
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.