- Monitor the health of the IBM API Connect environment to ensure performance and availability SLAs are met.
- Participate in incident resolution calls when needed to assist root cause analysis of issues.
- Manage the IBM API Connect Cloud using the REST interface.
- Backup and restore IBM API Connect configuration data.
- Backup and restore APIs and Products.
- Analyze logs to identify problems within the IBM API Connect Cloud.
- Manage the IBM API Connect Cloud.
- Perform IBM API Connect product upgrades and apply patches on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a DevOps pipeline for building and deploying OpenAPI specification documents.
- Provide subject matter expertise in how to build middleware API proxies using IBM API Connect designer to API developers.
- Create reusable OpenAPI Specification templates.
- Using the API Management Portal manage the lifecycle of APIs across multiple API Catalogs.
- Make IBM API Connect Developer Portal changes using the administrative menus to affect the portal configuration as well as perform some look and feel content changes.
- Configure the security of the IBM API Connect product using TLS Profiles and other mechanisms to ensure a secure operating environment.
- Bachelor’s degree plus (6) years of Industry experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an IBM API Connect administrator. Must understand how the configuration settings of IBM API Connect impact the run-time behavior of the product. Experience with an on premise installation of IBM API Connect a plus.
- Experience with IBM DataPower a plus.
- Experience with OpenAPI specification development using the API Connect Designer.
- Experience in configuring security definitions in IBM API Connect. Knowledge of basic authentication and OAuth configurations is needed.
- Experience in using the IBM API Connect command line interface.
- Experience with configuring IBM API Connect gateway extensions.
- Experience with managing IBM API Connect catalogs and the APIs across their lifecycle.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines using Jenkins and uDeploy.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to %241000 per year for additional certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting:Jan 16, 2019, 2:43:31 PM
Remote Worker Option:No