Technical Support resource on the Software Asset Management team will be responsible for assisting with the monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and documenting of all aspects of the IBM BigFix Platform and IBM BigFix Inventory (BFI) software and associated servers. Would be responsible for automating existing processes. Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements more complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities with full competency. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Makes more complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- How IBM software sub capacity licensing works.
- How the BigFix Console is used to configure Tasks and Fixlets for execution
- How BigFix Inventory Tasks and Fixlets work to collect data needed for software asset discovery
- How DNS, DHCP, IP addresses, Masks and Subnets work.
- MS-Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server - RHEL 5.11 - 7.5
- VMware's vSphere console DB2 LUW command line processor (CLP) Linux Utilities (i.e., Ksh, Bash, vi, PuTTY, WinSCP)
- Data manipulation with MS-Excel Writing and troubleshooting batch (Windows) and shell (Linux) scripts.
- Writing and execution of scripts with PsExec (Windows) and Ansible (Linux).
- Performance analysis of processes on Windows and Linux servers.
- Automation capabilities
- Bachelor degree in computer science plus 2 years working on both Microsoft and Midrange Unix servers or equivalent in work experience.
- Experience and demonstrated familiarity and accomplishment with Windows and Linux tools and techniques.
- Proven problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow complicated procedures and processes.
- Experience with programming, scripting and automation a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178