Headquartered in the Central Florida city of Lakeland, Summit employs over 700 office and field associates at its main location and regional offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Gainesville, Georgia. As the people who know workers’ comp, we strive to provide an atmosphere of constant growth and development for our employees.
Summit provides workers’ compensation programs and services to thousands of employers throughout the Southeast.
Summit is a member of Great American Insurance Group, a company that focuses on building relationships and linking people to various career paths. Whether it’s underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, legal, or customer service, Great American Insurance Group combines a small-company entrepreneurial atmosphere with big- company expertise.
- IBMi Installation and configuration of various software packages, OS upgrades and PTFs
- Problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and Support. Performing cost analysis, budgeting and technical reviews of technology upgrades
- Performing cost analysis, budgeting and technical reviews of technology upgrades
- Perform platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes (PTFs)
- Perform problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports for complex system
- Perform design, creation, implementation and documentation of system and application monitoring, scheduling packages, and tape management systems
- Perform design, creation, implementation of custom CL scripts for automation as/where needed.
- Perform on-demand save and restore operations using various technologies and software packages
- Perform maintenance tasks relating to Mimix, including installation, patching, health checks, audit review and repair, configuration modifications, and role swap/switch processing
- Work with IBM and other vendors to resolve system issues
- Act as a liaison among management, engineering, administration, and operations group
- Provide on-call support in a defined rotation schedule
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience, including experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of environments running the IBMi operating system (formerly known as iSeries, AS/400, OS/400 or DB2/400)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
*Must be able to work on-site at Lakeland location*