Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix.
We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Runs fiber and coax cross connects, and follows proper termination techniques per company established processes, procedures and policies
- Installs ladder racks and fiber raceways
- You will build/install cages
- Escalates SRs that require additional information
- You conduct carrier circuit testing
- Performs intra-cage and infrastructure installations
- Installs/Tests/Modifies Cross Connects and ensures proper dressing of the following: coax cross connects (repeater), fiber cross connects (Unicam termination), twisted pair copper cross connects, intra-building cross connects, 66 block/110 block terminations
- Installs Cabinets (Crenlo, APW, and relay racks) and ensures proper grounding
- You install cable management/support systems to include vertical wire managers, horizontal wire managers, and patch panels
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- You determine work priorities from the Oracle queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Installs and tests advanced cross connect circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test IBXLink cross connects (T1, DS3, OC3-48, Eth, GigE, 10Gig)
- Conducts carrier circuit maintenance
- You install intra-cage fiber tray, ladder rack, customer equipment and cabinets. Infrastructure installs to include the following: Whalebone cable management, Public Fiber tray systems, Carrier ladder rack, AC/DC power trays, Security trays, Cash Mesh
- You may perform other duties as assigned
- You have knowledge of cable limitations for daily work (distance limitations, etc.).
- Understands Kaba-Mas lock operation.
- Able to read installation drawings (Visio drawings/spreadsheets).
- General knowledge of safe working practices (e.g., familiar with proper tool safety, eye protection, ladder safety, etc.).
- Able to lift heavy equipment/items
- You are able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays if needed and/or required
- You have your High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of related work experience preferred
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Fluke CCTT Copper, Fluke CCTT Fiber, JDSU BERT Testing, Digital Lightwave Testing. BICSI Level II Copper, FOA – CFOT, Comp-TIA A
- You have basic MS Office experience
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.