Description :Job Summary: (responsibilities include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintain, and repairs gas turbine, steam turbine control systems, generators, transformers, and switchgear. Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
• Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are semi-routine in nature.
• Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still subject to approval.
• With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
• Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid performance of duties.
• Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is verified or checked.
• Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under general supervision.
• Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned by others.
• May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately complex to complex areas..
Requirements :• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Journey-level; 2-5 years of experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Experience with DCS programming and configuration
• Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.